Put your app online
Now that you have you very first app made, let’s share it with others by putting it online!
Once you’re done with one of the following guides, you’ll have a URL that people can enter in their browser and see what you made today. During the workshop you can continue working on your app (by following these guides), and deploying new and improved versions of your app.
There are many services that can host your app. They all are slightly different. Ask your coach which service they recommend.
Please help choose the best, and possibly free, service to deploy the app. Preferably a PaaS like Heroku.
If you’re ever stuck during a guide, please ask your coach for help and also consult this handy cheatsheet for Ruby, Rails, the console, the Text Editor etc.
- Guide 1: Start of the guide
- Guide 2: Get to know the tools
- Guide 3: Guide to install Rails
- Guide 4: Build Your First App
- Guide 5: Style your app using HTML and CSS
- Guide 6: Add a new page to your app
- Guide 7: Add a new homepage to your app
- Guide 8: Add picture uploads
- Guide 9: Push Your App to GitHub
- Guide 10: Put your app online (Current page!) with one of these services:
- Guide 11: Style the idea pages using HTML and CSS
- Guide 12: Add comments to your app
- Guide 13: Create picture thumbnails
- Guide 14: Test your app with RSpec
View all guides